Monday, July 29, 2013

Toddler Food Ideas

Ry (aka porky), started eating finger foods at 5 months old. Yes you read correctly, 5 months old! She was only on baby puree for not even a month. She hated it and wanted everything we were eating. This girl LOVES to eat. She has yet to find something she doesn't like. I have broken down different ideas for food for each age group.

4-6 months:
blueberries
strawberries
peaches
peas
carrots
bananas
yogurt
applesauce
basically any fruits and veggies that are cut into small enough pieces. for example: i would cut a blueberry into 1/4.

6-9 months: this is when the fun started
waffles
pancakes
chicken
turkey
spaghetti
ground beef
mac and cheese
ritz crackers
goldfish (her fav)
this is when i stopped cutting in 1/4 and started cutting in 1/2.

9- now: EVERYTHING & ANYTHING
not kidding.

Our biggest issue is convenience because Ry eats earlier then we do. If I need a quick meal for her, I usually give her some kind of veggie, fruit, a cheese stick, and diced ham. Diced ham that already comes in the package has become a lifesaver and she loves it. Bonus is that you don't have to cut it up!
I always cook a ton of veggies on Sunday and then just reheat them through out the week.

As far as drinks, NO JUICE. We only do milk (formula for her since she has an allergy) and water. I recently came across Honest Tea Kids and I will occasionally give that to her for some flavor and nutrients, plus I drink it myself :)


This is usually what I have to clean up after every meal!


And by no means am I that mom that wont give her child anything delicious. 

Example A: ice cream (skinny cow) with my bra around her neck 

Example B: lollipop so i can keep her contained in the grocery store


Everything in moderation...right? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment