Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beach must haves for your little one

As some may already know, my family and I (and now my daughter) are complete beach bums. I grew up on the beach. Its my favorite place to be. But unfortunately the sun and tanning finally caught up with me and I had some skin cancer removed today.
Which made me think to do a beach favorites post!
First of all you need a cute bathing suit.. I know sunscreen should be the first thing but whatevs.
My favorite suit of all time is this cute Target bathing suit. Ry wore it on her first birthday which we had a party on the beach of course.


Second is sunscreen. My favorite brand is Coola for myself and then for Ry I just use baby Neutragena. Next is a GOOD pair of sunglasses. A pair that will actually stay on. Which is why I recommend these Baby sunglasses from target. They have a velcro strap. Winning. Obviously hats are great too, but good luck keeping it on. If we plan on staying at the beach all day, we usually bring a kiddie pool and fill it up with a hose from a local hotel. no joke. but its entertaining and keeps Ry cool. Also TONS and TONS of snacks and wipes. Last, I would definitely bring a sheet or blanket or some kind of extremely large towel. A basic towel wont cut it and an umbrella if your beach doesn't provide them for you. 

What I wouldn't bring to the beach is your diaper bag. It will be engulfed in sand in 2.5 seconds. Instead, just put everything in a beach bag. Also now that Ry is walking, we don't bring her stroller. That was a joke when we use to try to have to push her through the sand when she was little. 

Its a pain in the ass having to pack and lug everything but it sure is worth it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment