Friday, August 9, 2013

Rylee's Room

2 months ago we moved into a rental house. This was exciting because I love to decorate and could not wait to decorate Ry's room and make it a little more of a big girl room and less of a nursery. My goal was to make it eclectic, colorful, and fun. I wanted it to match her personality. Problem with a rental is that you cant paint so I had to get creative and just add colorful accessories. I wanted to make it personal with some of my belongings from when I was little and also some DIY's. 
(Sorry for the bad pics and lighting. I was using my phone.)

 This was her changing table and now its a display for cute findings. I use the baskets for diapers, wipes, etc. The stuffed animals are just cute for display (even though they spend most of the time on the floor.)

                                    
The top of the table is designated for cute accessories. I love finding little naks for her room. The 2 mason jars hold her hair bows that she has never worn. I've had the Mary since I was little.

 This bunting was my inspiration for the room. 


Ry loves animals so I figured I would add some to her room. I simply just cut the pictures out of a book and framed them.

The cross says "for this child i have prayed" and was one of the first items I bought when I was pregnant. The picture of her is from her cake smash. The eclectic art work with the toy deer was something I just completely threw together. No thought process was involved but I actually really like it!

These letters my aunt made for Ry for her birthday.


This would not be my ideal room for Ry but you have to work with what you got in a rental. Hopefully in a few years we can buy and I will decorate the ideal room. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! i saw your comment but you are a no-reply comment blogger so I couldn't respond! Email me and I can try and help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you. Let me know if you didnt get it. thanks!

      Delete