Monday, August 19, 2013

A letter to my boyfriend and father of my daughter

I intentionally created this blog to have somewhere to write my thoughts. I'm what you would call an introvert and often keep things in or don't know how to say things. This past weekend my boyfriend (who is also the father of Rylee)and I got into a pretty heated argument. It was bad. Real bad. I'm not going to go into detail why we fought because its quite a long history but the gist of it is that we can't seem to meet eye to eye when it comes to who/what should come first in your life and be a priority. So this morning as I'm reminiscing about this fight. I find myself thinking, exactly why did we start fighting? It's crazy how that works. In the heat of the moment it's the biggest fight you have been in and then the next day you can't even remember what it was exactly about. But that's us. That's what we do and it works for us. We may not be perfect. Actually we are far from perfect but we somehow just work. So to show my appreciation and try to recover from this fight I have decided to right a letter to him.


 Richie, 
When I met you back in 2006 your looks certainly caught my eye, but your personality, not so much. We could not have been more opposite. You tried, I denied. Then I tried, and you denied. We did this back and forth until we both finally came to our senses and fate took over in March 2011. We had ups and downs, break ups and make ups and in October 2011, we unexpectedly found ourselves pregnant. What we didn't know then was this baby was meant to keep us together. My pregnancy was beyond awful. Everything a pregnancy shouldn't be. But you stuck by my side and for that, I praise you because I know it wasn't easy dealing with me. After Ry was born, you have done things that I could have never imagined you would do, but you did them with out one complaint. Things began to get rough and that is a time i don't want to reminisce about. I believe "it" happened so that we could appreciate each other more and realize that we can't live with out each other no matter how heated arguments get. I know these past few weeks have been hard with my surgeries and I know the next few months will be even harder but we will get through it. You have been such a huge help and have taken such good care of your girls. You have changed my bandages, changed ry's poopy diapers, cleaned the house, helped me shower, all while being the main source of income. I thank you for everything you have done and you won't ever know how much I appreciate it. I know we will get through this mess I am in and can't wait to see what our future holds. I know we will once re-enter the honey moon phase and bring romance back into our lives (hopefully this letter is a start). I love you more then you know (and so does Ry.)
Lizard kiss.
 Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment