Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Surgery Countdown Is On

So in exactly 20 days, I will be in St.Pete at All Childrens Hospital (my second home) getting a new heart valve. The anticipation and waiting is the worst. I just want to get this over with and continue with my life. In the mean time while I wait, I've been nesting. Pics on my newly decorated house to come next week. I think knowing that I will be in the house for 6 weeks is just making me want to make it cozy and a place I would love to recover at. I've also started a journal for Rylee. Just in case something goes wrong (I know I shouldn't think like that, but I'm a realist). In one night I practically wrote a book for her. Telling her obviously how much I love her, the person I want her to become, the kind of love I want her to find. I even wrote a "must watch these movies" list which consisted of Grease, Now & Then, and Titanic. And then of course I have been taking care of all of the pre-op crap you have to do. Yesterday I had to get my teeth cleaned and checked to rid of bacteria that could cause a heart infection. Fun stuff right? I've been going on an organizing and cleaning frenzy. We are having a garage sale this weekend and hoping to make lots of moolah to help with some of these medical bills. I'm currently $800 in the hole and I haven't even had surgery yet!!!! 

Since I wont be able to take Ry trick or treating this year, my mom and her friend are going to take her. I wasn't really planning on dressing her up because I knew that Halloween wouldn't be celebrated this year but now that she is going, I need a costume?! Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for your safe surgery and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete