Tuesday, September 3, 2013

#BLOGTEMBER (Link-Up)

So I'm in a blogging slump and running out of fun post to write about. Luckily I found, Jenni, and will be joining in on #Blogtember. Each week day will be a new subject to write about. The purpose? To just write and get your thoughts and feelings out. Love this.

9.3.13
Where you come from.

I come from the "fake south". Fort Myers Beach, Florida to be exact. Geographically we are in the south but we are far from "southern". We don't say no ma'am; yes ma'am. Don't wear pearls or carry around monogrammed bags. We don't sit around and gossip for fun. We don't believe in gender roles (I've taught my southern boyfriend that very fast). We think divorce is normal (sad but true).

We tend to live a carefree life. Sort of like a permanent vacation (this might actually be where you vacation). We live in our bathing suits and flip flops. The dermatologist are probably the most visited doctors here. The heat is insane but we also have an amazing ocean breeze. We only have 2 seasons. Summer and a week of cold.

Growing up my mom would sit on the beach drinking her cocktails while I played in the sand all day. After school i would stop at the 7-11 (south fl thing) to get a slurpee. Our field trips were always to water parks. In high school our idea of a good time was cruising the beach strip.

These days my beach days are limited but you better believe I'm raising my daughter to be a beach bum.

I really do believe that Fort Myers is the best place to live and raise a family (yea I'm biased)... But like I said, we live where you vacation :)



Want to join in on the fun? Click HERE.

2 comments: