Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When Life Takes an Unexpected Turn

9.10.13
A moment when your life took a turn


October 30th, 2011. I found out that I was pregnant. And it was not planned. I never really planned on getting pregnant because of my health issues (read my story here). Not only that, but to be completely honest, at the time I found out that I was pregnant, Richie and I were on the outskirts I guess you could call it. We were having a lot of problems and just weren't sure that we wanted to stay together. I believe I got pregnant not only to have a beautiful little girl but it was sort of Gods way of showing Richie and I that we should be together. At least that's how I look at it. My pregnancy definitely changed my life the day I found out. I had to drop out of college due to bed rest. I had to quit my job. But worst of all, I had to move away from my family and friends. Since Richie is the main financial supporter, I moved to where he was working at the time, which was 2 hours away from my home. I spent my whole pregnancy sick as hell, stuck in bed, and away from everything and everyone I know. It was everything a pregnancy shouldn't be. But it was well worth it because I now have the most beautiful, precious, silliest, out of control daughter that I love more then anything or anyone I've loved before. I can't even imagine my life without her and I couldn't be happier that my life took an unexpected turn. 


6 comments:

  1. Glad you found my blog! I just got done reading tough your story! It's nice to find others with similar stories!! I was blessed to not need bed rest when I was pregnant and had my daughter last April but I did have c-section due to my cardiologist worried about the laboring for my heart's sake. Rylee is beautiful! Sometimes the most unexpected things are the biggest blessings :) Prayong for you and that you have smooth valve replacement the 22nd of October!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I want to bring your pregnant self movies or something. I can't imagine feeling awful the whole pregnancy. But as you said, at least you got a wonderful, healthy baby out of it! What a scary surprise turned exciting life changer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I think I watched every lifetime movie there is when I was pregnant! But yes she is a blessing alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, she's like your own little angel :)

    ReplyDelete